A former Trump campaign adviser said Friday that his family has been the target of death threats after he was named within Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe, reports Fox News.

Michael Caputo said his and his wife’s names were brought up by Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) during a public hearing by the House Intelligence Committee last March.

He said Speier called him “[Vladimir] Putin’s image-maker” and that since then, his family has received a multitude of threats. Caputo told Sean Hannity on Friday that he and his family have had to resort to asking strangers for help and said that they started a GoFundMe page to help cover his mounting legal costs.

Hannity also mentioned that Caputo has had to sell his home and move elsewhere in order to feel safe in their own home. Caputo also revealed to Hannity that he is up to $125,000 in legal fees. He did say that many people came to his help and there were many donors that gave to his GoFundMe page.

The fund states that Caputo “has incurred tens of thousands of dollars of legal bills while defending the GOP and the President of the United States.”

Caputo said in a statement to the House Intelligence Committee on May 1, “What America needs is an investigation of the investigators. What I want to know is: who is paying for the spies’ work and coordinating this attack on President Donald Trump?”

“I want to know who cost us so much money, who crushed our kids, who forced us out of our home, all because you lost an election. I want to know because g– damn you to hell.”

Caputo said that he was interviewed last week by Mueller’s team, and that he wasn’t asked anything the team didn’t already know the answer to.

“They’re in there to put you in a situation where you make a mistake,” he said.

Reference Tags
LIKE us to get conservative news:

BY Isabelle Weeks

|

I am a staff writer for DC Statesman and like to report on current events happening in the Trump administration as well as the political world.